Jurassic Land is a kind of museum to understand how the dinosours lived on earth many many millions of years ago. Here, you can see how they were feeding, how their family life was, why they were sooo savage, how they born and lived and how their line of descent generated and changed and finally become extincted.
We went there with curosity... As entering the park, a great dinosour's structural frame welcomed us... We all got more excited to see more... A guide leaded us to the sections of the park. Firstly to 4D theatre saloon!!! We sat down on the seats. She (our guide) explained that the movie we will be watching going to be a simulation of how the dinosours were living in the jungle. My kids and of course I got really excited. They used real effects, I mean like, wind blow to my face, I felt the dinosours breath on my neck and then the ground rocked so my seat..I was suffocated, at that moment my little daughter, who is 3 and a half years old, wanted to get out. She was scared!! My son and my husband came ten minutes later. They had this experience and got attracted by it very much.
|4D theatre entrance
Our guide leaded us towards to other sections and explained their ritiual of living. We saw the real size of the most famous dinousors, how their moves are and even heard the noises they make. The kids were very interested and started recording and taking pictures of the scene.
Towards to finish they took us to the section of excavating dinosour eggs from the sand. The children got shovels like an archeologist and found the eggs. This was a good experience for them to understand how an archeology would be.
At the end of the tour, they held a party for kids. After the excitement of dinosours, kids enjoyed the party very much and danced alot, JUMPED aaloot ;))
|party at Jurassic Land
Must knows about Jurassic Land;
- A guide will lead for your tour, so no need for planning.
- Do take your children 7 and over years old, not suggest for under 6 years old especially for 4D movie theatre. (Most of parents had to take their little ones out the theatre)
- No availability for restrooms on the way of tour, only you can find at the exit of the museum party hall. (Families with children must use the room before taking the tour)
- No cloakroom service.
- There is no restaurants or cafes at the park, since this is a guided visiting museum I believe there is no need to. Only take drink with you "in case of emergency situations" with the kids.
- At the right side of the exit there is a Jurassic Cafe, this a choice for us since %15 discount is for Jurassic Park visitors. (Do not throw your ticket away, since they will ask for the ticket at the billing time!!!)
- There are lots of other cafes and restaurants at Forum Mall for the starving little bodies...
- At the end of the tour there is a souvenier shop, if you are interested ;))
- Jurassic Land is at upper storey of Forum Istanbul Mall. If you are using stroller, I suggest you to take the elevator ;))
- There are digging and colouring dinosour egg workshop for children. Before going on tour ask for info from the reception desk.
Jurassic Land is in Forum Istanbul Mall's upper storey.
Take TEM highway to "Hal-Otogar" turnout. Then follow the signs of "Kuru Gıda Hali". There you will see the Forum Istanbul Mall signs everywhere. The mall has free parking area.
Take no 32 from Eminonu
no 32M from Mecidiyeköy
no 32T from Taksim
(Ask to bus driver to inform you the hopping off station)
Admission fees and visiting hours:
Adults: 28 TL
Children: 22 TL
Families ( Parent+ 1 child): 66 TL
Families (Parent+ 2 children): 88 TL
My minimum expectation of the park was to see a real dinousur replicas or see a scale model just as the original ones. I could not find that here at this museum! However I think this is a good park to let children understand how these prehistoric animals had lived and how their surrounding had been at those times. By the information the guide gives and by the scenes they created here makes you imagine the prehistory world.
For the children who are very interested in dinousors should see this place at once, since the park will effect the kid's imagination alot.
Address: Forum Istanbul Alışveriş Merkezi
Kocatepe Mahallesi, Paşa caddesi
34045 Bayrampaşa/ İstanbul
Phone: 0 90 212 443 1350